Pain in the shoulder, lump near the thyroid. History of hypothyroidism. Is this thyroid related?

Have hx of hypothyroid, noticed throat has been hurting on left side, pain moves around a little anatomically, but hurts down to shoulder at times, also had a night it felt bruised inside when swallowing food. This morning found what feels like a lump either on or possibly beside hyroid ...not sure if this is thyroid related, lymph or artery??? I know I will HAVE to be seen...wondering if it sounds familiar to you as a physician.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013