Pain in the right side of the throat, tonsils removed, small red knot on palatopharyngeal arch. What is this?

I have been having pain that feels much like tonsillitis on the right side of my throat for about 3 weeks. It lasted about a week, and then went away for a week, and the discomfort has returned. It s a very mild discomfort, just enough to know that something is off.... similar to the pain caused by postnasal drainage. I do not have tonsils, they were removed 16 years ago. Upon inspection of my throat I noted a small red knot protruding on or around my palatonpharyngeal arch.
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012