Pain in the right knee, ankle joints swollen, on medicines and exercise, not advised surgery. Will the condition improve?

Hi - my Mom, 70 yrs., recently started having a lot of pain on her right knee . Often she will get almost like a muscle pull extending from her knee down and won t be able to stretch her leg for some time. She fell down a few times while walking mainly from losing balance. Some of her joints including her ankles, where the big toe joins the feet are swelled up and looks like a knot. Doctor is treating her with Orcerin-GM, Bone-C Plus, ultra sound and exercise. Doctor is suggesting against any surgery at this point and wants to treat her before deciding. My question is if this is the correct treatment and if there s a chance that her condition might deteriorate this way?
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  16 Awaiting Answer