Pain in the rib cage while walking on a treadmill. Have GERD. Wonder if it could have anything to do with the upper respiratory part of the throat maybe?

What might cause mild pain in the region of the top of the rib cage on the left side which is sore and feels bruised when touched while walking at a good pace with arms moving front to back on a treadmill? It goes away when I get off the treadmill but I can push on the ribs (across the top left side of my chest to the underarm) and it feels sore and bruised. I have GERD and wonder if it could have anything to do with the upper respiratory part of the throat maybe?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013