Pain in the ovary, pelvic pain. Fibroids diagnosed. Laparoscopy suggested. Ovarian cancer chances?

Hello! I am 48 years old, female and I have been having pain in my left ovary for over three weeks. It started as terrible pelvic pain. Uterus, both ovaries and tubes felt inflamed/swollen and cramping. Went to urgent care. ARNP gave me flagyl and lortab. Called me two days later said bv test was neg. Told me to see gynocologist. Saw him two weeks ago Said I have fibroids. One may be degenerating. Give it 5 days. I gave it 7. Pain started in right ovary too. He prescribed T3 with coedine to get me through weekend. I pressed for further eval and he suggested scheduling laparoscopy. Pain level going back up tonight. Yellow discharge, T3 not helping, headache and bad back pain. Worried it could be an infected ovary or cancer. My pain is a constant throbbing. Ihave two heating pads. Back and front. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013