Pain in the neck and shoulder. Bulging disc detected after an accident. Taking aleve. Need cure

If you have 3 bulging disc in your neck and have pain in neck and shoulder. Would you recommend triggerpoint injections? All I can get for pain is muscle relaxer and Voltran gel for pain? I can not take the muscle relaxer and the Doctor does not want to give me anything else for pain. MY MRI was done March 2013. This problem was cause from a accident in 2003. I now am taking Aleve and rubbing Gel on my shoulder and neck and I am still having a lot of pain.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013