Pain in the neck and back after twisting the torso. Slight swelling under the chin. Arthritis?

Hi, i take Methotrxate for RA. For the last week i have had neck pain which started with pain just below my right shoulder pain which hurt when i twisted my torso. I assumed i pulled a muscle as the pain in my back shot up to my neck with side/twisting movement. The back pain has now gone but today i am in excruitating pain at the base of my neck, it started yesterday getting worse. It feels tender and even slight movement causes shooting pains in th side of my neck. I have slight swelling under my chin and along my jawline. Could all this be down to arthritis? Thanks. Michelle.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013