Pain in the neck after getting stitches on the head. No problem with head movement. Severe headache. Further treatment?

i was sitting down i stood up and hit a metal bar , i needed for staples on the top of my head , my neck is still sore , but not severe pain . i have full range of movement , i did have a head ache for three days after the fact , but the head ache is gone know . its been a week . what injury could i have caused to my neck , how do i treat the injury .
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Thanks for query,
The upward force may pull pressure to your neck muscles causes you soreness.
The other possibility is of staples on head causes gravitation oedema at occipital area may causes you soreness.
You should avoid using pillow during sleep.