Pain in the middle abdomen, loss of appetite. Numbness in the legs and arms. Colonoscopy suggested. Need help

My boyfriend had been having pains on the middle area and now it shifted to the right side. (higher then the appendix). It comes and goes, but sometimes it comes at night and wakes him up and does a very strong pain. It really hurts he says. Around the liver area.. and he has been having a loss of appetite as well as a loss in muscle strength, as a sort of numbness in both his legs and started yesterday in his arms. He has already lost almost 10lbs. And has done Blood tests, (all came back fine, except Feretine that was high), and he did an ultra sound that came back alright as well. No swealing anywhere in the body was detected.

The doctor recommended he go see and gastroentorologist, to do an colonoscopy and a EMG (for muscle loss). so we are waiting to do that.

What should we do next? Please help...

Email me at YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013