Pain in the lower chest. Moxikind prescribed. Allergic to penicillin. Can I take this medication?

I had some pain in my lower chest . My doctor examined me and told me that there is some congestion. He prescribed moxikind CV ( contains amoxicillin ). When I was a kid, I got rashes after consuming penicillin . I told the doctor about this and he told me that it should not be a problem if I consume moxikind. I would like to be doubly sure if it is OK to consume amoxicillin even though I am allergic to penicillin.
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012