Pain in the lower abdomen while coughing, bloating during periods. History of ovarian cysts. On treatment for GERD. Advice?

Hi! I started having a fairly sharp pain in my lower left abdomen about a day & a half ago, the same day as I started my period. I am 36yrs old, female (obviously) :), never been pregnant , & NO possibility that I could be pregnant (seriously). It is uncomfortable when just sitting, but feels very sharp when pressed in a very localized area (just to the inside of my left hip bone , & getting less sharp as I press further towards the middle of my lower abdomen, below my belly button). It hurts when I cough/sneeze/laugh, or move too quickly (as in walking, etc), & I am bloated...more than usual for my monthly period. I m rarely bloated during my period, but when I am, it s only slightly. My primary doc/GYN has told me in the past that I ve had ovarian cysts , but since they hadn t caused symptoms no treatment was needed & she said they would probably come & go. The only medical issues I m currently being treated for are GERD, & osteoarthritis/ degenerative disc disease . I have been slightly constipated lately but never had any sharp pains from it, & the constipation hasn t been all that bad (hasn t required stool softeners or anything). Oh, & my last GYN exam was about 2yrs ago. Any ideas on what this could be from? My doc isn t open until Monday, & I was getting a bit concerned that the sharp pain is only getting worse & nothing seems to relieve it. Thanks so much for your help.
Asked On : Wed, 4 Apr 2012