Pain in the lower abdomen and pelvic area. Ultrasound scan showing ovarian cyst and fluid in adnexa. Is that the reason for pain?

I had an Ultra sound and CT W/out contrast done on my pelvis , for lower right pelvic and abdominal pain . The findings of the images show fluid in the right adnexa. The technician advised that the right ovary could not be seen, the left ovary and it shows a cyst. Should I be concerned? The Emergency room I was released from couldn t elaborate as to whether or not that this is what may be causing my discomfort/pain, for the last couple months.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013