Pain in the lower abdomen. Normal ultrasound report. Suggested to consult a gastroenterologist. Why?

Hi , i am female , age 30 and have 3 kids. i am feeling lower abdominal pain which is on my lower abdomen and left side its almost the exact place where the appendix is. it has been almost a year I am feeling this pain and this pain is not unbearable but some times its sharp and sometimes it goes to my right thigh too and dull pain around my lower back too. I checked with my gynecologist and she took an ultrasound for checking my reproductive system and there was no problem with my reproductive system. then she sent me for an pelvic/lower abdomen cat scan but nothing came out. then my doctor referred me to a Gastroenterologist . which i did t meet yet because of my insurance. I just want to tell one more thing that sometimes I feel that pain just like i feel pain during my periods. I feel that there is something related with my utres but my doctor think i should go see a Gastroenterologist. please guide me.
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012