Pain in the leg on extending after slipping while doing full split, extending from groin to thigh and inner side of leg. Is it serious damage?

Six months ago, I was dancing (I know it is isn t a sport, but my injury is close), and I was doing a full split while I slipped and split fully and too fast. Since then, on my left leg, I have been experiencing pain whenever I stretch . This pain is localised to one long line from my groin to mid-thigh, on the inner side of the leg. I would like to know if the injury is serious, what type of doctor I should consult, and if muscle relaxants (like Moov and Volini) will help, along with hot and cold foamentation and wrapping the injured area with a crepe bandage .
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012