Pain in the left side of the body. Back pain. Foul smelling urine. Are these related? No UTI in the urine test

Hello my lower and left and sides hurt. It s been hurting for over 2 months. I had a urine test done for UTI . Also had bladder test done both came back negative. I also have occasional back pain . My doctor concluded that my back pain is the reason why my sides hurt because of the location of my side and back pain are connected. However, my back does not hurt all the time, my sides does. Also my urine smells horrible.
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012