Pain in the left shoulder. Suffer from diverticulosis. Could this be the reason for pain?

I have pain in left shoulder blade almost feels like a muscle strain, but I haven t done anything strenuous. I have diverticulosis . My doctor said it is right in the curve of my bowel on the left side below rib cage. I have complained of this type of pain before to my doctor, she said it is from my diverticulosis. Could that be causing the pain? It is moderate to severe at times. Feels better when I am resting, I have been reclining with the heating pad .
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013