Pain in the left foot and leg. Taking neurotin. Pain persisting. Need a better medication

Hi, I had a nurse practicioner put me on neurotin 300 mg once a day at night for pain in my left foot that goes up my leg. I had previous surgery a few years ago and I now have nerve damage and I am only 41 but it hurts bad. The neurotin helps when I first take it at night but takes awhile to kick in then I feel drunk and have to go to bed. When I get up the next morning the pain is back and is there anything else I can take for in between pain. I used to only take hydrocodone and it worked and it did not make me tired but I no longer can take tylenol the doc said. Do you have any advice? I can't be like a zombie at night when I am sleeping anyway and hurt thru the day. Please help
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013