Pain in the knees while sitting. Need treatment options

since May it is very painful when i sit ,i have to to on the back of my legs ,I when i get up it real hurts then the pain goes away ,I did spend a lot of time sitting playing games on my pc so i thought it was that ,i have had lots of test so no rob with cancer ,if i stand nothing ,i have cream for my knee because i have a prob and i rub that on their but it is starting to get me down i cannot travell for long to uncomfortable plz can you help
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Hi there,

More detailed information is required to a definite conclusion.

However, from the limited information available, you are apparently suffering from either stretching of the thigh muscle tendon at the site of its attachment just below the knee; or, you have developed osteoarthritis.

A thorough medical examination of the affected knees and the limbs will give us information about the cause. NSAIDs (anti-inflammatory pain-killers) will give you some relief.

Consult your doctor who will examine you and conclude the likeliest cause of your problem; order required tests, and- based on the reports- will prescribe suitable/modified treatment as advised.

In case of any further queries, revert back to me THROUGH DIRECT PREMIUM QUERY (Paid), addressed to me personally. You will receive- almost immediately- my response in great details.

If you find my response helpful and informative, do not forget an “excellent” (5-star rating) to my answer, to ENCOURAGE all doctors- engaged in social service- to render sound advice to the FREE queries.

Fond regards and have a nice day

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal