Pain in the knee after exercise. Advised to take meal replacement powders. Are these safe?

I have recently been going for gym workout... They asked me to do some warm-up exercises... I have big low hip...and as i do standing situps i get lot of pain on my knee ... My coach asked thats due do vitamin deficiency .. He asked me to take meal replacement powders which they say its natural.. Can i trust him or do u have any suggestions for natural foods which can improve vitamins .. sorry I dont know abt the name of meal replacement they offered me...
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012