Pain in the joints after hip replacement surgery. Severe headaches and pain in the hip after reducing the percocet dosage

i had hip replacement surgery 5 weeks ago, and have been doing post-op therapy faithfully. The exercises involve use of 3# ankle weights.
I have daily pain in the joint and have been taking one percocet tablet in the morning and one in the evening. This past week, I have tried to reduce that to one time daily, but am experiencing severe headaches, and still have pain in my hip. Before the operation I very seldom had headaches. Is there a connection between reducing dosage or is this a common "withdrawal" symptom?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013