Pain in the jaw while swallowing. Had surgeries to remove the teeth. Abscess?

I have been experiencing moderate to severe pain in my right jaw for more than two months now. When I swallow , it feels like I have swallowed hot lead. Doctor finds nothing, no swollen glands, nothing visible in throat. Dentist says I have abscess , so I have had two oral surgeries to remove infected teeth . No relief. Nothing relieves the pain - I m talking Vicoprofen , Tramadol, NSAIDs, alcohol, nothing. Pain goes from temple to jaw to throat to shoulder. I say it s TMD, oral surgeon says it s not because jaw doesn t pop when I open mouth. I m at wit s end. Can t function more than a few hours a day, then pain gets the best of me. Any insight?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013