Pain in the jaw bone and ear upon drinking carbonated drinks. Why?

I get severe jaw pain right around the base of the ear where the jaw bone is whenever I drink something with carbonation in it. I can take just 1 or 2 drinks from a soda and the pain is almost instant. It is extremely painful and gets worse if I try to move my jaw or chew anything for almost 30 minutes after the pain starts. I first noticed it with a beer a couple of years ago but quit drinking after the 3rd time and no longer drink any alcohol.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013