Pain in the jaw, ache in chin radiating to ears and temple. Relief only for short time after taking painkillers. History of extraction of lower right premolar, just healed broken jaw before extraction. Help

I had my lower right premolar extracted on tuesday at around 5pm. When the anastethic wore off I was in unbearable pain, so I took a paracetamol and held a cold compress to my cheek and the pain went away. The next day I woke up with no pain. However as the day went on and ever since I have had pain in the jaw, a dull ache that sometimes twinges in my chin and occasionally radiates to my ear, and on one occasion my temple. Before today I controlled it with two doses of cocodamol and 200mg ibuprofen a day, today I have managed on two 200mg ibuprofen. It just feels like the pain will never go away - it's not getting worse, but it flares up at night where it is usually manageable in the day. Is there something wrong? (additional info - I broke my jaw 2 months ago and it just finished the healing process before the extraction; also the extraction site looks healthy, gums slowly healing over a black socket. Bathing in salt water 4 times a day and brushing gently twice a day as normal.) Update - I have just realised I have to pay and I am a poor poor student in London who barely has enough money to eat but I am so worried about this pain, pleeeeeease help me :-(
Asked On : Thu, 16 May 2013