Pain in the hip joint. Is it due to over exercise?

I felt something shift in the region where my leg joins the hip (near the pelvis ) when I got out of bed a few mornings ago and now I am having some mild pain there. I work out at least 3 times a week using weights (squats and lunges ) and take lots stairs (two at a time). I am 56 years old, 5 5 and weigh about 130 lbs. Do I work out too much or is this an indication of something else?
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012
sir please avoid jerk, heavy weight,do walk asper your strength,especially in coldy season dominating any previous trauma,only can use nucoxia sr 1 tab daily for 3 days.your weight is not so much,thank you for.