Pain in the gums after wisdom teeth removal. Taking clindamycin. Hole and swelling in the gum. Chances of exposed nerve?

I had two wisdome teeth removed 8 weeks ago, 1 upper and 1 lower. I have continued to have a lot of pain , mostly in the lower socket. Have been back to Oral Surgeon several times and was told I might have a bone infection. Have been taking clindamycin for 4 weeks (150 mg x 4 a day) and am in slightly less pain. Today I inspected the lower socket and still see a small hole, I used orajel and got some relief but pain has now returned. Could this be an exposed nerve or dry socket and not an infection. I have no fever or swelling except for a little gum swelling.
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013