Pain in the groin radiating to the thigh. Could lipoma cause pain? Have type 2 diabetes

my fiance has been complaining of an aching pain/tenderness (not sharp pain) at the crease of his right leg,that extends downward to the top of his right thigh..that stops right above his knee cap...and we both can feel some bumps deep in the thigh,that can be tender to the touch but not major painful when touching them. This has been going on for the last couple months and seems to be happening more often. Could these be a lipoma causing all these sypmtoms? it originates from the crease of his leg. my email addy is YYYY@YYYY is a 58 yr.old male... diabetes type 2
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013