Pain in the food pipe. what could be the problem ?

I am about 4 weeks pregnant. I have a problem with swallowing my food. my food pipe hurts as if there are wounds in there. what could be the problem?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Jan 2011

Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum

Pain while swallowing is called dysphagia . and the commonest causes in you as being pregnant in first trimester would be GERD ( Gastroesophageal reflux disease), Peptic esophagitis, Pharyngitis if the pain is in the start of the swallowing, also due to some medications specially if you are on Iron supplements.

Antacids and Gargling with antiseptic solutions would be remedy if the problem is due to above causes .If it does not come down then i consider the necessity for you to consult a gastroenterologist.

Thanks for visiting