Pain in the epigastric region. Gall bladder removed due to the biliary sludge. Pain persisting

I am 34 year old male, who is currently pursuing PhD in Canada. Since last 22 years, I have been suffering from intense pain in the epigastric region, which occurs after every 1.5 to 2 years interval and continues for about 2 months. In 2010, doctors advised me to go for gallbladder removal because of the presence of biliary sludge in it, and hence my gallbladder was subsequently removed. However, since last few days, I am feeling the same pain in the epigastric area. Could you please advise me on this matter?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013