Pain in the ear after getting exposed to an explosion. Difficulty in hearing words. Need to consult an ear specialist?

i was exposed to an explosion in august of 2011. I have been to an ENT several times and he sees nothing wrong with my ears. I have taken audio test at the ENT and results seem normal. However, since the accident i get occasional ear pain ( both ears ) feels like a momentary ear ache almost daily, sometimes multiple times a day. What could this be ? Also, i hear words wrong sometimes. On occasion when someone is talking close to my ear i won t hear any distinguishable words, i can only describe it as sounding how a blown stereo speaker may sound and it is very painful. I think i will now seek an ear specialist.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013