Pain in the duodenum. Barium test done. Concerned about endoscopy. How long should I take pain medication?

Suffering duodenum pain from Last 4.7 yrs.. Pain gets in the gap of every 4-months recently done the Barium Test. Report shows duodenum chronic visited to gastroenterologist he suggested Endoscopy for Treatment and Prescribed Medicine Omeprazole Pellets 20mg & Rantac-MPS Syrup for 10 Days... I am getting scared of Endoscopy whether its harmful to body or it would damage my internal part pls suggest me i should go with it or not....& Prescribed Medicine how it work for duodenum pain & its safe for intake & how long should it can be taken...
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013