Pain in the coccyx after a fall. Taken ibuprofen. Will it take a long time to heal?

Hello I slipped and fell down 5 stairs on my coccyx immediately I was in awful pain couldn t stand up straight for a good ten fifth teen minutes I iced the area and took some iburofen. It s now day 8 and I m still doing the same, I can t lay flat on my back or turn from side to side whilst lieing without feels sharp severe pain in my coccyx area it s aches all the time and pain relief doesn t seem to do much.. Is this normal or should i see a doctor as I hear it takes a long time too heal so don t want to waste anyone s time thankyou x
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012