It is better for your son to be hospitalized now as his oral intake has reduced and the pain is getting worse. The ultrasound
scan can be repeated; also his vitals can be monitored by the nurse.
Depending on his condition, the decision to do a CAT scan can be taken by the treating surgeon.
Hope this helps.
Wish your son speedy recovery.