Pain in the back radiating to sternum. Gall bladder removed in the past. Could it be due to carbonated drinks?

I have been experiencing pain that seems to radiate from my center back to the front in the sternum area. This has been off and on for about a year. I had my gallbladder removed 2 months ago and my liver has been checked also. I was told that the surgeon looks around to make sure nothing isn't going on out of the ordinary. I stop having this pain about 2 weeks after surgery. I recently started drinking carbonated drinks again and was told by my friend who is a nurse that the drinks that I've been drinking probably caused this problem. So I'm sticking to drinking water only.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013