Pain in the back of throat after treating sore throat, pain while swallowing. Reason for pain?

Hi, I have had pain in the back of my tongue/throat for about 2 weeks now. I went to the doctors on October 13 for a sore throat and sinus infection and was put on antibiotics . I finished the full course of antibiotics for ten days and the following Monday the 22nd i started getting another sore throat. i took chloraseptic lozengers for a few days only at night and the sore throat went away but that is when my tongue/back of my throat started to hurt and now hurts when i swallow anything. What could this be?
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012