Pain in the back of the head. Had bronchitis. Chances of broken blood vessel?

I ve had bronchitis for a few days now, and ever since Thursday I ve had a severe, yet dull pain in the back of my head, near the base of my skull . Nothing I have tried has worked to get rid of this pain, headache medicine, hot bath/shower, heating pad . I do have elevated blood pressure, but my bp has been much higher in the past without this sort of pain. My cough was pretty severe, so I m wondering if I may have broken a blood vessel in the back of my head while coughing? I ve already been to the ER on Thursday because of the coughing (I was worried that it may be pneumonia ) and didn t want to go back so soon, and can t afford Urgent Care.
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012