Pain in the back of leg, no known injury. What could be the possible reason?

Hi i started having some pain too the back of myleg at he knee when I lifted my leg a few days ago with no known injury,drove about 10 hrs yesterday getting out of car veery 2 hrs and walking,I am now having severe pain if I lift or bend that leg and even worse if I put my knee on something and let my weight bear on the knee,the pain is n the back,there is no visible s/s,no warmth or swelling .It does not hurt to touch,bear wt or walk
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It looks to me that you may be having a disc herniation with nerve compression which is causing pain in the back of leg. So I would suggest you to show it to orthopaedic surgeon and you may need MRI of the spine. If there is disc herniation then you would need pregabalin and Methylcobal tablet. Also avoid weight lifting and forward bending.