Pain in the back and upper leg, MRI shows moderate sized protrusion, mild diffuse bulge indenting thecal sac. Treatment other than surgery?

i am 28 years old male,I have pain in my back and in upper leg .It increases at some postures (stretched leg). It is perfectly fine in some postures.I underwent a MRI ,Reports are 1. Moderate sized central - left paracentral protrusion at L5 - S1 level causing effacement of left traversing nerve root and partial effacement of right traversing nerve root. 2. Mild diffuse bulge at L4-5 level indenting thecal sac . Please guide me how serious is the position and any treatment other than surgery possible.what precautions i need to take.I will be a great help.
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012