Pain in the back after falling, took ibuprofen, no relief. Should I get a x-ray done?

I slipped and fell 4 days ago at work. I don t have any bruising, but am tender where I made contact with the ground- around the area of my PSIS and a little lower and more lateral. The pain that really bothers me is a sharp transient pain further up (maybe around L-3?). I took ibuprofen earlier today without relief. I have a really high co-payment, and was hoping for advice as to whether or not I should get an xray . I just don t understand why I m having pain in my back when I fell more on my side.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012