Pain in the arm due to a wound. Will alcohol consumption ease the pain?

I have a case where my friend got a deep wound somewhere around his arm, probably about 4 cm, he has cleaned and properly covered his would by now and also took an injection to dull the pain. By now the effect of this is gone and he doesn't seemed to be feeling any pain either anymore.
My question now is if he could drink some alcohol in a painless healing state he is in at the moment. Thank you for your concern and hope to hear from you soon.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013