Pain in the anus, soreness, sharp pain, pink residue on tissue. Causes for symptoms?

I have been having pain in my anus on and off over the past year. Sometimes it is really painful like razorblades and sometimes just sore. When I wipe I notice the tissue gets some pink on it. Very painful to wipe on those occassions. Sometimes it is painful when going to the bathroom but most of the time it is during the wiping that it really flares and I have pink residue on the tissue. I am 42 yr old male 5 11 220lbs. Any ideas?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012