Pain in the ankles with swelling, bruise and blisters. Treatment?

I was playing rugby this weekend and my shin just above the ankle got stompped. I continued to play for another 45 minutes, but after the match, the leg predictably became stiff and sore. I treated it with ice and ibuprofin (and a couple of beers). Later in the evening, it bruised extensively. I wrapped it with an ace bandage and went out to dinner, doing a fair amount of walking around. I m not concerned about any of that. However, when I woke up the morning after the match, there were several large blisters in the bruised area. I ve had several sprained ankles, and there is no sprain; just a lot of swelling , bruising and blisters. Do you have any idea regarding the cause of the blisters? (I m 41, 5 11 , 200 lbs., and fairly athletic. I have never been diagnosed with diabetes or high blood pressure , although there is a family history of both). Thanks,
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012