Pain in the ankle while walking. Is it a sprain? What is the treatment?

Hello, I have been having problems with my right ankle for at least a couple of months now. There is a specific spot on my ankle that is tender to the touch most of the time and sometimes is very painful. Right now it is painful and it really hurts to rotate my ankle. It even hurts when I am walking. I am wondering if it is a sprain but the ice and elevation treatment hasn t really worked for me. Plus, I have been having this problem for months. Something else I should also note it that it seems to pop and crack in the area that hurts quite often. I used to rotate my ankle when I had the pain to crack my ankle and this seemed to help the pain but it doesn t help anymore. Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012