Pain in the abdomen. History of colitis. Could it be due to early signs of Chron's disease?

I am currently on my period and i took a number two today and got very sharp pains in my abdomen that nearly made me jump off the toilet, ive had a dull pain in my stomach since then, it didnt start til i started my period yesterday and i wanted to know if there was any idea if you could tell me what it may be? i have had colitis before, could it be early signs of crohns disease?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013
Naturopathy & Yoga Specialist 's  Response
Hello, Jessica.Pickett2012

Relax. Some women during their periods have higher sensitivity to pain, bloating, and diarrhea. It doesn't really mean Crohn's Disease condition. Simple checking blood in the stool can help with diagnosis.
My advice to rule out ovarian cysts with GYN- doctor
Check your diet to decrease possibility of the food sensitivity (no gluten, milk, sugar)
Drink a lot of fluid to avoid dehydration
Be careful with painkillers. Some of them may cause symptoms like those that you have

The history of your colitis shows that you have problems with digestion before.
Holistic Medicine what I practiced a long time, can help you even in case of Crohn's Disease or Policystic Ovarian Disease
I wish, you will be better