Pain in testicles during masturbation, applied start-stop technique recently. Normal?

Dear Doc, I m having pain in my testicles when I masturbate. This never used to be a problem before. Let me tell you how my methods of masturbation have changed recently. Till 4-5 months ago I was masturbating naturally & ejaculating. After that I have stopped ejaculating (on personal choice & for various reasons) but continue to masturbate. I use the start-stop-start technique. Recently I have noticed pain build up & it refuses to subside even after 1-2 hours. Even the next day I don t feel well down there. Please suggest whether this is due to a medical condition/due to change in technique. Thanks Doc!
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012