Pain in temple and sinus, cannot sleep. Should I worry?

My head started hurting yesturday quite severely mainly in the temple and sinus and base of my skull area but this goes away almost immediately when I lie down.I almost cant sit or stand at all cause of the pain but lying down im ok.I didnt get much sleep the night befor it started hurting but slept well last night and as soon as I was upright the pain came back.Should I worry?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Hi there,

I need more information in order to short-list the possible causes.

However, from the brief information provided, the possible causes are fall in blood pressure in erect posture; cervical spondylosis, migraine or Trigeminal cephalgia (due to a inflammation of FIFTH cranial nerve responsible for conducting pain sensations from the temple + face + sinus.

relevant specific investigations (as applicable) would be required for pinpointing the cause.

Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with me, order required tests, and- based on the reports- will prescribe suitable/modified treatment as advised.

In case of any further queries, revert back to me THROUGH DIRECT PREMIUM QUERY (Paid), addressed to me personally. You will receive- almost immediately- my response in great details.

If you find my response helpful and informative, do not forget an “excellent” (5-star rating) to my answer, to ENCOURAGE all doctors- engaged in social service- to render sound advice to the FREE queries.

Fond regards and have a nice day

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal