Pain in teeth. Prescribed Combiflam and Restrictlene. Have cold sores and fever blisters

I D.P. Dwivedi aged about 52 years residing in Kanpur (UP) India was traveling with my family by train on 12th Dec, 2012’s night to my village situated at Gorakhpur District of U.P. (400 kilometer away from Kanpur) have felt severe pain in my right jaw’s teeth . To get relief after a day I have purchased combiflame and restrictlene-500 mg medicines from a medical store of district Gorakhpur and used it. Though, I have got relief from pain but next day I have suffered from acute pain with cold sores and fever blisters on my right side face. Immediately without any further delay I have consulted to a very prestigious and qualified Doctor in Kanpur named Dr.Arun Nigam, MBBS. After thorough diagnose he told me that I have suffered from the attack of harpies. Thus since 20th Dec-2012 I am under his treatment and on bed rest for one month. I am unable to understand how and why such types of attack happen. To prevent it what types of precautions we should take. You are welcome to forward your advice on my E-Mail ID: YYYY@YYYY .
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013