Pain in tail-bone while sitting. Crack at top of buttocks. X-ray normal. What is it?

I have pain in my tailbone when sitting. On my right side, just at the top of my butt crack for lack of a better word, it feels quite swollen. There is no redness, or drainage that I have seen described by a pilonodial cyst , and I m quite concerned its something terrible like a chordoma. I had an xray and it showed nothing out of the ordinary. Am I worrying too much, or should I take this further? I have no other symptoms other than pain while sitting, I sometimes burst and dark red blood comes out , then the pain goes away then it starts to pain again after 3 weeks or so.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013