Pain in tail bone area, starts on changing position, laughing, pilondial cyst ruled out, have extreme discomfort and swelling. Any ideas?

I have been having pain in my tailbone area. Started as very sharp pain to move from sit to stand position (or opposite) laugh, cough , sneeze , etc., go to the bathroom, sit. I was checked by a dr. and no Pilonidal Cysts observed. Was treated with predinisone, ice, and rest. It has been a week (5 days on prednisone ) and I have some relief from pain - it s more discomfort then sharp pain now. It is still very swollen and very uncomfortable to sit - seems very difficult to find a comfortable position. Any ideas?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012