Pain in stomach, water in abdomen, CT shows its getting thick, What could be problem?

Hi, My mom has pain in stomach she went to doctor, they said that there is some water in ur abdomen and there might be possibility of having appendice, they gave some medicine to dry that water now after CT Scan it found that water is getting thick and no doctor is doing any treatment they are suggesting to consult to some other doctor. She is in Nagpur now. Can anyone suggest to what is the problem and which doctor she should consult to.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum.
Thanks for calling H.C.M.F.
The fluid in the abdominal cavity is called ascitis. and is caused by either secondary to liver disease, or Intestinal, or gynic problem. Thick fluid suggest malignancy, or some thing of that sort
I advise you to consult a general surgeon, For diagnosis and treatment. You may need to have M.R.I. examination of the aspiration liquid, besides other routine tests for confirmation.
I advise you to consult a surgeon at a multi speciality hospital, so that the doctors in case of doubt can refer to oncologist in the same hospital, or may treat in combination of the other doctor.
Wishing a quick and complete recovery.
Best regards.