Pain in stomach before period. Why is it that bad?

hi im 21 yrs old un married. i have pain in my lower stomach before gettin my periods. some months i feel the pain in 12 th 13th or 14 th day or sometimes before a week from the date of period. it lasts for few hours but i cant bare it. some times the pain starts 3 days before and lasts three days before the period date. why do i get these pains? pls help me..
Asked On : Wed, 26 Sep 2012
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi Dear thanks for your question.Having pain a week or thee days before the expected periods is normal and there is nothing to worry for that ,if the pain is sever you can take pain killer for that.Pain on 12th to 14th of your cycle is also normal ,it occur due to ovulation and is called as mitleschmer,some time very painful and need pain killer.Hope i answered your question
General & Family Physician Dr. Bimal Desai's  Response
Thanks for query.
Your mid cycle pain is due to ovulation.
your before period pain is due to collection of blood in pockets of endometrium causes tense uterus cause you pain.
Once you get good flow it will go.
Some times due to hymen the flow does not get passage & you get pain.This should be controlled after your marriage.